To lead the crowd - not follow it. Our goal is to be the creative heart of sport for the next 100 years.
The fan community is at the heart of what we do. We share their passion. We want to get people off their seats. We want to try the unexpected. We want to create a difference. We achieve this when we consistently have a positive impact on our team and community.
We are looking for a designer with exceptional technical knowledge, creative flair and attention to detail to help expand our product range in both sportswear and lifestyle. You must have experience in the industry as you will be required to develop silhouettes and signature styles with a strong emphasis on sustainability.
- Create or visualise an idea and produce a design by hand or using computer-aided design (CAD)
- R&D and moodboarding.
- Create and develop a range of lifestyle apparel lines.
- Create and develop a range of sportswear lines.
- Liaise closely with sales, buying and production teams on an ongoing basis to ensure items suit the customer, market and price points
- Work with others in the design team to develop products to meet a brief
- Develop a pattern that is cut and sewn into sample garments and supervise the creation of these, including fitting, detailing and adaptations
- Oversee production process.
- Visit trade shows and manufacturers to source, select and buy fabrics, trims, fastenings and embellishments
- Creativity, innovation and flair
- An eye for colour and a feel for fabrics and materials
- The ability to generate ideas and concepts, use your initiative and think outside the box
- Design and visualisation skills, either by hand or through computer-aided design (CAD)
- Technical skills, including pattern cutting and sewing
- Garment technology skills and knowledge
- A proactive approach
- Commercial awareness and business orientation
- Self-promotion and confidence
- Interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- The ability to negotiate and to influence others
- Team working skills
- Good organisation and time management.
[ ART OF FOOTBALL ] is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We’re also proactively committed to protecting the mental, as well as physical, health, safety and well-being and that of all those who work for us.
Applicants from underserved areas, and people from ethnic minorities are particularly encouraged to apply.